Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday Fun: Scene and overheard

So what's a successful columnist to do when she runs out of ideas? Let others speak for her, of course!

Columnist Leah Garchick of the San Francisco Chronicle is a chronic eavesdropper—so much so that she's actually compiled her favorite "overhearings" concerning relationships into a book, Real Life Romance: Everyday Wisdom on Love, Sex, and Relationships. If you're in the mood for a little Friday frivolity, check out some of the winners she's picked up over the years:

"He wants to have kids, so he's going hetero."

"I don't have a relationship with a man, so I decided to have a relationship with my hair."

"I'm looking for a green man: high productivity and zero emissions."

"Every new boyfriend makes you get rid of the things the last boyfriend made you buy."

"Yes, I told him I have a boyfriend and a girlfriend. I mean, I live in San Francisco, don't I?"

"Barack Obama. We've made it our new safe word."

For more LOL zingers, click over to her column at the Chronicle website ... or just pick up a copy of her book. Happy Friday, all!

No comments: